December 22, 2021 |
Lightning Rock News
Sparkling Wine Guide 2022
Following last year's upward stream, sparkling wine sales outside of Champagne continue to rise.
Perhaps folks are combatting Covid troubles with bubbles, and Champagne's price point certainly makes it a challenging regular consumption. But, more telling than that, we continually see new regions, grapes, and winemakers, pushing the trend forward, and as such, quality has risen on par with consumer interest.
According to Statista's Canadian sparkling wine report for 2021, the numbers are clear:
- Revenue in the Sparkling Wine segment amounts to US$704m in 2021. The market is expected to grow annually by 14.53% (CAGR 2021-2025).
- In global comparison, most revenue is generated in the United States (US$6,998m in 2021).
- Concerning total population figures, per person revenues of US$18.49 are generated in 2021.
- In the Sparkling Wine segment, volume is expected to amount to 34.6ML by 2025. As a result, the market for the Sparkling Wine segment is expected to show a volume growth of 9.9% in 2022.
- The average volume per person in the Sparkling Wine segment is expected to amount to 0.72 L in 2021.
For obvious reasons, sparkling wine volume and value dipped in 2020, but Canadians are making up for it in 2021 and are projected to do so beyond.
Click here to read the full article.